Wednesday, April 13, 2011

signs

A couple weeks ago, I (Sherann) saw a public transit bus driving by and noticed something.  There was a huge sign on the side of the bus that had "Find Islam" written in bold letters.  It was noticeable, it was clear, and it was loud!  Please don't misunderstand me, they have a right/freedom to have something like that on the side of a bus, but I started to wonder what "we" as believers do to tell other's about Jesus.  To be honest... I was sad and discouraged... then a few day later I bought a duffle bag and as I was reading the tag, I noticed something at the bottom right corner... it had this.. Acts 2:21 which states:

"And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"

As I was driving to Orange this past weekend, I noticed a huge sign on the side of the road which said, "Jesus is Lord."

And on my way home, I noticed a huge truck with Philippians 4:4-8 written on the back.  This is what the scripture says, "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcend all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I know that God is in control regardless of the amount of signs plastered on walls, cars, homes, etc... But you know what?  His signs are everywhere! Look at the sun, moon, stars, trees, etc... But more importantly, we are His "sign".   A sign of His grace, redeemed because of Jesus! You know, if we could use signs to declare the glory of Christ, why can't we use our lives to proclaim His Word?   We may not be a billboard, but we represent Christ no matter where we go.  Do people see you or do they see Jesus in you?
As you go... go in the name of Jesus because the world needs to hear!

soli deo gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment