Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Friendly Situations

I (Aimee) have a friend that I've known now for almost 15 years. We've been through some interesting ordeals together. We've had some ups and downs, great moments and bad moments. She's one of my best friends. She knows me very well. And I know her. We have great respect for one another, even though we don't always agree on everything. We can share anything without fear of judgment, or criticism, or rejection. Did I mention that she isn't a Christan? Oh, I didn't? Well, now you know.

One of my closest friends is not a believer. And yet I can still honestly say that everything I said above is true. She is a great friend. In fact, when I was talking to her last night, I commented that she is one of the most real, honest, and authentic people that I know.

What do you think about all of that? Are you allowing God's light to shine through you to those that need Him most (namely: those that don't yet know Him)?

Sometimes we have to be honest with ourselves and admit when there is a person in our lives that is not a good influence. Someone that it's really not a good idea for us to hang out with. But, if we can be strong enough, and we can lean on God enough, then we should be reaching out to be friends with as many non-believers as possible. That is very Christ-like, after all.

Jesus said that, "the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10).

Sometimes, for some people, you may be the only bit of Jesus that they have in their lives (or potentially in their lives).



No comments:

Post a Comment