Monday, September 20, 2010

The 411

Hi there!  Welcome to Christianity In Real Life!
You may be wondering, what is this blog about and how does it benefit me as a person?  Let me start from the beginning.  What is that famous line found in fairy tale books? Oh yes, once upon a time...  Eehh, since this is not a fairy tale, let me explain how we got started.

My name is Sherann and I am a missionary for the California Southern Baptist Convention.  I work with students up and down the state of California teaching  and equipping students on how to share their faith.  It has been such a joy to see and hear how the Lord has been doing so many great things in and through their lives.  But the truth is... I've heard so many stories from so many people that I was literally on story overload! I've been challenged by my boss to somehow get the stories of God's redemptive work to the people.  More importantly, I believe that the stories of God's redemptive work aren't clean and proper.  In other words, our stories are messy, broken, raw, and even difficult.  Life is never easy; especially the Christian life!
Many months passed since I had that conversation with my boss, but all it took was one hot day in the month of August that literally ignited a passionate pursuit in me to get the stories OUT.  And of course, I had to share it with my friend Aimee (whom you will meet later) who is a very gifted writer and storyteller.  But you know what?  This blog isn't about me.  And it's not about Aimee.  This blog is about YOU.  I believe that our journey is not about what happens at the end, but rather, how we walk through the process.  So, will you join us in our journey?  Will you join us in getting the stories out?  Because the truth is... you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment