Thursday, November 11, 2010

His credentials

I (Sherann) know that it has been awhile since my last post.  A lot has been going on and it continues to be a busy month.  However, the Lord has been really stretching me in regards to my relationship with Him.  When Aimee and I decided to be authentic with our faith, there have been numerous times where God was teaching us the same exact truth that week.  It's pretty amazing to encourage one another through our same experiences, even if we are 5 hours apart from each other.  So, this brings me to one of the same learning experiences that Aimee and I both had this week.  Aimee brought some great truths in regards to moving from knowing to knowing.  I found myself to face that same lingering question... "Do you truly trust in Me? or do you merely say that you do?"  Ouch.  For the last couple of days, I've been feeling more anxious than ever.  I start analyzing a lot more and fear starts creeping in.  Then those five letters started to penetrate my heart and mind.  TRUST.  Who do you trust, Sherann?  You see, I've been so caught up in "myself" or how "I" was going to handle the situation that I neglected to trust that Jesus had already gone before me.  It's a matter of choice.  His credentials show me that He is trustworthy. The Cross shows me His unconditional love for me. (1 John 4:9)  My credentials show uncertainty and more often, failure.  If we look at His Word, God never let a single person down.  He kept His promises and did extraordinary things through prophets and leaders.  And these leaders were not special by any means, but they chose to trust in Him because His credentials were legit. 
I choose to trust Him.  Will you?


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment