Tuesday, November 30, 2010

let it snow

Today, I (Sherann) spent practically the entire day in Tehachapi. The drive was beautiful! For those of you who have never heard of this small town, it is located east of Bakersfield and roughly about 40-50 miles from the Mojave Desert. One of the great parts about the drive was seeing the lightly coated snow on the mountain tops. It was very ... magical.
After my meeting, I headed down south but this time took the back roads. (avoiding the grape vine) I spent about six hours in the car today, but I spent those hours 1. enjoying His creation 2. rocking out to Chris Tomlin's new CD "And If Our God Is For Us" 3. grateful for the faith family at first baptist 4. thoughts for 2011 5. Matthew 28:18-20.
You may be thinking... Matthew 28? That was random... Well, this has been THE verse for the past year and eleven months. And to be honest... it has never gotten old! God would speak to me in such a new and fresh way that I just can't get enough of it! I'm still processing from this afternoon, so I'm not going to write it out... but let's just say... wow!
Is there a specific verse that you can't get enough of? If so, how did you apply it to your life?  "And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'" Matt. 28:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment